Monday, June 27, 2011

Adventure Time Week: Gunter!


Oh yes, he's pure evil! But you wouldn't know it from looking at him!  Didn't this guy turn out the absolute cutest?!


It was pretty fun coming up with the pattern for this one, I just cut up some paper, taped it together, decided it would work, and then went to town!  The hardest part was getting the beak just right.


Gunter's belly is super fuzzy too because I didn't have any cream colored fleece, but I think that the faux shearling looks just as nice!


I'm really glad that this one turned out so well since I gifted it to my brother (who also loves all things Adventure Time!)  Stay tuned tomorrow for another plushified version of one of your favorite characters!

10 comments:

  1. thats amazing! ive been looking everywhere for a gunter plushie for my girlfriend's birthday, but sadly, its nowhere to be found....do you think you could provide some more details on how you made him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me an email at the.cute.octopus at gmail dot com and I'll get you hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :o My boyfriend and I absolutely love Adventure Time and think your plushie Gunter is fantastic :). How did you make the main part of his body?

    ReplyDelete
  4. His body is a cylinder that is rounded at the top. The belly is just a cutout from that cylinder that I added seam allowance to and sewed in. Penguins are also in my Etsy shop, click the link near the top of this page to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D thanks very much! I'll have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude this is awesome could you help me make one , ive been looking everywhere for one .

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you make the cylider out of?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know how to make this! My boyfriend&I LOVE this show&I nicknamed him Penguin. Could you tell me how you did this?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want too buy one PLEASE i have looked EVERYWHERE email me at athenlafoy1@gmail.com please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete