Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In Progress: New Look 6457

I'm working on this New Look dress to (hopefully) kick off a marathon of other projects.  The lady at the fabric counter at JoAnns talked me into a cotton print I was carrying around the store to think about, so I decided to put it to use sooner than later.  I've had this pattern in my stash for a long time but never used it, I picked it because it had pretty good reviews on Pattern Review and because it called for the amount of fabric I bought.


I decided on the view in white (but I'm not doing the ribbon trim on the skirt) and cut out a size smaller than my measurements called for, and I'm glad I did, since I still have about and inch or so of extra ease to take out of the back!  I also did a bodice lining out of muslin even though the pattern didn't call for one.  All I have left to do is sew on the skirt, place the zipper, and hem.  Stay tuned! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment